The Perfect Fit
At Miranda's Vintage Bridal & Alterations we know how important it is for your perfect dress to have the perfect fit. We offer the highest quality, in-house alterations on all of our vintage gowns, as well as to customers who have purchased their gown elsewhere.
Do you have a gown that belonged to your mother or grandmother that you absolutely love but want to make your own? At Miranda's, we have the special skills and experience required to restore your special vintage treasure to a modern wearable gown. You will have the power to consult with us to make the style of the gown your own without losing the nostalgic quality that makes the gown important to you.
There are a few key points to consider in reference to alterations and restorations. These include:
- Appointments are required for all alterations, restorations and consultation services.
- It is best to book your first wedding gown fitting or consultation at least 8-10 weeks before the wedding. Appointments for evening gowns, such as mother of the bride, bridesmaid, rehearsal dresses, etc. require less time and may be booked as close as 2-4 weeks before the event.
- Be sure to have all necessary undergarments and shoes for your first fitting appointment. Items such as, corsets, slips and bra cups are available for purchase or special order through Miranda's.
- It is typical for a bride to have three full fittings before the wedding. Restorations and custom work require additional fittings.
- Brides should allow at least one hour for their first bridal fitting and 30 minutes for their second and final fittings.
- Pricing may be considered "a la cart" pricing. For example, if your dress requires a hem, the side seams taken in and cups added, each alteration will have a separate charge.
- Pricing varies on the difficulty/simplicity of the dress
- You may receive a cost estimate for your alterations or restorations by setting up a consultation appointment.
- There is no charge for a consultation, please allow about 30 minutes for the appointment.
- If your gown needs to be cleaned it is recommended that it gets cleaned before the alteration process starts. Due to the nature of certain fabrics, the gown shape may slightly change when cleaned.
- We have two cleaners that we recommend, we generally do not clean gowns ourselves:
- Kergaard Cleaners -- Phone Number: (216) 226-3000 -- Address: 18505 Detroit Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44107
- Williamsburg Cleaners -- multiple locations -- please visit http://drycleanatwilliamsburg.com/
We do not preserve wedding gowns, please refer to the cleaners above for those services as well.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or for further information